Over the last few years both Bronwyn and I have grown in our sense of openness to leaving K-West and pursuing something else. Our love for Kanakuk has never waned, but my job situation was not one in which I was continuing to thrive. I began looking at other options this fall, and seeking counsel on how to wrestle what was in my heart. Ward has been patient with me as I have been wrestling with my tug-of-war feelings of loving Kamp, but not feeling called in my role at K-West. Since being offered the Lead Director role at K-Klassic (2007), and the subsequent sale of that Kamp, I was back at K-West again as an assistant director. It is clear from my perspective, and Ward’s perspective, that though no one wants to see me leave, it is time. I was offered the chance to create a new role at Kamp, but I am very sure that Kamp is not where I need to continue. As difficult as it is (the most difficult thing Bronwyn or I have ever faced) we have the privilege of trusting God like never before. We can’t express how sad we are, but how sure we are. We love Kamp and our friendships with all of our hearts. All the Biblical verses having to do with trusting God have come to life for us, and our anticipation for how God is going to deepen our respect for Him and His word is a privilege.
We will stay on with Kamp for the next couple of months so that we can take care of Bronwyn and the new baby coming on April 12! Until then, I am pursuing any job possibilities, whether or not they are in ministry.
Brownwyn! Oh my goodness! I can't imagine the emotions you must be feeling right now. Just know that we love you, and know that God will continue to use your family for His glory no matter where He leads you! I'll be praying for you guys!! Love, Rachel
ReplyDelete