Saturday, June 15, 2013

K-1

This weekend our family was reuited! After two weeks at kamp, it was time to pick up Colton and Hunter. We couldn't wait to see them. The reunion is always so sweet as the kampers come running to find their parents. I love my husband because he is always so unselfish as he lets me greet the kids first and he takes pictures. Colton got very emotional when he saw us and kept commenting on how his brothers looked different after two weeks apart.

Greeting Colton!
 And Hunter!
 Go Cherokees! Here is a picture of the boys with Holden Bryant who was the K-1 Cherokee Chief. Holden's dad was a dock daddy with Todd many years ago at K-2. And to everyone's delight, the Cherokees did win the term competition!
After a picnic on the fields, there was time to tour K-1...but the Rapp boys just wanted to do the barn swing. We spent the entire "tour" time in the Party Barn.
 Time for cabin awards. Colton seemed kind of zoned out as he listened to his counselors.
 I thought this was a cute picture of Colton looking up at one of his counselors.
 The counselors choose REVERENCE and GOODNESS as the character qualities for Colton.
 What a cute boy!
Hunter's turn. He received the Heart Award for his cabin, plus the character qualities of OBEDIENCE and RESPECTFULNESS.
 Hunter was a tad embarassed and happy all at the same time. Love that grin.
This was a group shot of Hunter's cabin mates.
 Time for more awards. Hunter also received the Total Release Runner-Up for Soccer Klinic.
 Showing off his ribbon.
 Plus, a certificate for working on his Champion's Walk Bible Study throughout the year.
At the end of the awards ceremony, they handed out the Four Square Life award. This is K-1's equivalent to the I'm Third award. Colton won the Four Square Life for his division! We were so proud of him. I'm so glad Todd got pictures because I was outside pushing Collins on a swing...she had had enough of the awards.
 These next few pictures make me teary-eyed. Kris Cooper took a minute to congratulate Colton on his award. Coops is such a dear friend to our family. I love that he took this moment with Colton.


Oh yea! What a kid! As soon as we got home Colton said, "Dad where should we hang my award?"






1 comment:

  1. Looks like they had a great time -- what good boys they are! I'm also happy to see the Mizzou shorts still going strong. :)

    ReplyDelete