Colton does miss his brothers...but he has loved these last two weeks! Each day he gets to pick what he wants to do and he gets lots of mom and dad time. Yesterday Colton wanted to ride the banana boat, so Todd convinced me to come with him on the boat. I would be the spotter. I must admit, I'm not a huge fan of the lake. In fact this was the first time all summer that I had been out on the lake (and I live at a summer camp on Table Rock Lake!)
Anyway, everything started great, and I snapped a few cute pictures of Colton, but then we ran out of gas. Oops! We managed to flag down a K-Seven boat driver and he went for help. We drifted for a bit, Colton tried to paddle, but in no time we were rescued by Caleb Arnold, one of the K-West dock daddies. Perhaps the funniest part was the ride back. Due to a short rope and the stream of water that shoots out of the back of the jet ski, the boat was being filled up with water as Caleb towed us in. Todd loved it - in fact he sat right where the water would hit him! I huddled underneath the boat windshield and tried to stay dry. Colton went from loving it to hiding under a lifejacket. It was a funny experience and a great memory!
This was after we had run out of gas and Colton was climbing up into the boat.
Standing on the banana boat - of course we weren't moving.
This was when we did have gas. Just departing the K-West dock.
These last couple of pictures remind me so much of Hunter when he was little!!! Especially the middle one where Colton is standing up... Sheesh... You have super cutey kids... and I love the foot up eating that Collins does :)
ReplyDelete