Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Neurologist Appointment

Holden had a follow up appointment with the neurologist this week. Both Todd and I were encouraged after the visit with the neurologist, Dr. Tenorio. Holden weighed 10 lbs. 7 oz. and all of his reflexes looked great. The doctor asked if Holden has had any seizures since we left the hospital (he hasn't) and gave us some stretches to do with him. Dr. Tenorio reminded us several times that Holden is at increased risk of developing cerebal palsy due to his traumatic birth, but we continue to rejoice that our little guy seems healthy and on track developmentally. Praise God! We will continue to give Holden the anti-seizure medication, Phenobarbital. Dr. Tenorio wants to do another EEG in two months and if Holden continues to be seizure free, he will begin to wean him off the medicine at that time. That would be amazing!

Thanks to the friends who kept our other kids. It was a fun trip to Springfield for the three of us. And now that the weather is getting to be so nice Holden got to break out his shorts.

1 comment:

  1. Okay so I have to go to bed :) but I feel adequately got up on the Rapp family:). I think I read about two months worth... You are so good at updating your log I need to do this!!!!!! Love reading about your sweet family!!

    ReplyDelete