Tuesday, April 16, 2013

First check-up and first party

Today Holden went to see his pediatrician. She was impressed!  He is right on track for a boy his age. His reflexes are as they should be, as is his muscle tone, and his eating.  Holden now weighs 8.2 lbs, which means that he has gained 1 lb in 8 days.  I guess it's true--- milk really DOES do a body good!  Next week he gets to move out of his car bed and into his car seat.
We are awaiting the neorologist appointment for him to tell us when we can stop giving him this yucky phenobarbitol medicine.  Holden takes it like a big man, but we sure don't like giving it to him.

We want to make you aware of a celebration we are having.  Because we are so thankful to each of you, and would love to get together with you and say thanks to the Lord, we want to invite you to come over to our house on Holden's due date, which is Friday, April 19th from 12:15-1:30pm.  
For God's glory and for His name's sake, we would love to pray together to give praise to God.  We will pray at 1:17pm and you are welcome to join us in person or wherever you are.  
As much as we are hesitant to bring any more "attention" to Holden/the Rapps, this is ALL about the Lord and honoring HIM.




2 comments:

  1. Yay Holden! Yay God!! Such a miracle. I LOVE the party idea. I am hoping to be there, but have a sick one home from school so if he is not better I won't be able to make it, but will pray from home. Love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Rapp family! It's Wes Cunningham. I just wanted to let you how encouraging it has been for me to see how your story has unfolded thusfar, most notably your unwaivering faith and continual turning to prayer. I'm currently in my reproduction section in school so this story has hit extra home to me. I'm praying for yall and know that God has big and wonderful plans for your family.

    ReplyDelete